New for the 2023-2024 school year, Panorama will no longer require uniforms.
Student Dress Code: Policy JICA
Harrison School District 2 is committed to a learning environment that is safe, conducive to high student achievement, and free from unnecessary disruption. The District’s dress code helps to establish a minimum standard of dress for all schools. It is expected that students follow the uniform guidelines for their school. Individual school principals in conjunction with the school accountability committee may develop their dress code policies that meet the guidelines set forth by board policy. Exemptions to this dress code for special occasions or personal considerations are up to the discretion of the school principal.
The following clothing is appropriate for school:
- Clothing that is worn as designed and covers all private parts of the body including but not limited to the stomach, buttocks, chest, and undergarments.
- Sunglasses and hooded sweatshirts (hoodies) as a head covering may be worn only outside the building, but not when participating in physical education classes, unless weather conditions are such that head coverings are authorized.
- Head coverings (except bandannas of any color) that do not impede the view of or disrupt the learning environment may be worn inside the building.
- Athletic clothing that is appropriate may be worn in physical education classes and when participating in athletic events.
- Attire worn in observance of a student’s religion or for medical requirements is not subject to this policy.
- Clothing, paraphernalia, grooming, jewelry, accessories, or body adornments that contain any advertisement, symbols, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that are free from:
- References to drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons.
- References to or images of a sexual nature.
- Attributes that by virtue of color, arrangement, trademark, or other aspects denote membership in gangs (e.g., bandanas of any color), or that advocate drug use, violence, or disruptive behavior.
- Obscene, profane, vulgar, lewd, or legally defamatory messaging.
- Threats to the safety or welfare of any person.
- Promotion of any activity prohibited by the student Code of Conduct.